The Semaphore jetty, which was completed in 1860, once stood at 652 m (2,150 ft) in length, but today is 585 m (1,930 ft). It overlooks the Fort Glanville steam train, which operates as a heritage item by the National Railway Museum. A War Memorial clock was built in 1925 after the First World War. In 1928, a merry-go-round, the largest in Australia, was constructed, driven by an electrical lift motor and gearbox, unlike the predominantly steam-driven machines of the era. An octagonal brick tower with two metre thick walls, erected in 1880 to maintain a water supply when the Jervois bridge had to be raised for passing ships, was used until being converted into a residence in 1972.
Tags350Z 2011 Adelaide Auto Bridge Camaro Cars Chevrolet Construction Cruise Europe Event Events Expo Extreme Ford Fountain Gazzanats Holden Italy Jetty Kuching Malaysia Nissan Photo Photos Pier Places Port Projects R34 Revhead River Sarawak Show Showground South Australia Sunset Timelapse Time Lapse UAE V8 Victoria Video Z-Club